The Woodlands Visa Attorney

Professional Legal Help with U.S. Visa Applications

Each year, the U.S. government issues visas of all kinds to people wishing to enter or stay in the U.S. Under U.S. immigration law, up to 185 different types of visas exist. If you or someone you know, whether an individual, business, or group, needs to apply for an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa, we recommend that you work with our competent and caring immigration lawyer in The Woodlands. At Jovel Martinez Law, we pride ourselves on the professionalism, personalized service, and attention to detail that we apply to every client.

Need a visa? Call us at (346) 239-8747 or contact us online to arrange for a free consultation with our visa lawyer in The Woodlands.

What is A Visa?

A visa is document that allows a foreign national to enter another country legally . Although many types of visas are available under the law, they can be broken down into two main categories.

These categories include:

  • Immigrant visas - This type of visa allows an immigrant to enter the country and intends to work and live permanently.
  • Nonimmigrant visas - for those who wish to come to the U.S. on a temporary basis to visit, study, work, etc.

Difference Between a Green Card and Visa

The difference between a green card and a visa is that the visa is only a temporary pass which grants you access to the enter the U.S. and remain for period of time. The green card also allows to enter the U.S. but lets you stay for as long as you want.

Tourist Visas & Employment Visas

Every visa type has it owns application and documentation process, and will be issued with certain conditions and/or restrictions. For example, a tourist visa comes with the restriction that you are not permitted to work while visiting. Employment visas, however, are issued for the primary purpose of temporarily working in the U.S. These can be issued in many categories, such as for workers in specialty occupations, workers with advanced degrees and extraordinary abilities, agricultural workers, religious workers, and more.

Student Visas

Student visas are issued to those who wish to come to the U.S. to study in their chosen field in an academic, vocational, or nonacademic program. Some of the conditions of this type of visa include having sufficient funds to finance your stay while here and maintaining your residence in your home country to which you will return.

Family & Marriage Visas

Family and marriage visas are generally considered immigrant visas, which allow a U.S. citizen or green card holder to sponsor a family member for entrance into the U.S. A marriage visa allows the fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen to enter the country so that the marriage can take place.

If you need assistance with a visa application, contact Jovel Martinez Law at (346) 239-8747. Our visa lawyer in The Woodlands is here to help.

Dedicated to Helping Clients

Client Testimonials
    “Ms. Claudia was a good listener and empathetic to our case.”

    - Kayli G.

    “We will always be thankful for her!”

    - Meyli S.

    “She was responsive, professional and knowledgeable.”

    - Rajat S.

    “My nephew would not be where he is without her help!”

    - Mirta M.


Start Your Journey to a New Future

Contact Us Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.